Tips For Making Your Best Offer
Know Your Budget
Knowing your budget and what you can afford is critical to your success as a homebuyer. The best first step is working with a lender and getting preapproved for a loan. Your pre-approval indicates how much you’re able to borrow for your mortgage and shows sellers you’re serious.
Lean on a Real Estate Professional
It’s especially important to rely on a trusted real estate advisor. Agents are experts in what’s happening in the housing market and in your area. They’ll have insight into the latest trends, what they mean for you, and what’s worked for other buyers.
Make a Strong, but Fair Offer
As the peak intensity of demand is cooling this year, the number of homes sold over asking price is decreasing and so is the typical number of offers on a recently sold home. But you still need to be prepared to come in with your best offer upfront because inventory is still low overall and that makes it a sellers’ market. Lean on your agent to help you understand the current market value of the home you’re interested in and recent sales trends in the area so you can craft your best offer.
Be a Flexible Negotiator
When putting together an offer, your trusted real estate advisor will help you consider which levers you can pull, including contract contingencies (conditions you set that the seller must meet for the purchase to be finalized). Of course, there are certain contingencies you don’t want to give up, like the home inspection.
Top Reasons to Own Your Home
- Accomplishment – Have a nice space that’s solely your own
- Loved Ones – Prioritizing the needs of those closest to you
- Stability – Lock in your monthly housing payment with a mortgage
- Financial Investment – Growing your assets and net worth
- Comfort – Enjoying features that enhance your lifestyle
- Privacy – Having a space that’s your own
- Personal Expression – Tailoring your home to your unique style
- Community – Being a part of a broader social group
If you’re ready to begin your journey toward homeownership, let’s start today.